New Horizon has always seen working with young people as a vital and rewarding part of the week. Different programmes are geared to appropriate ages and cover from Creche through to, (and including) 18 years of age. Training is undertaken by everyone supervising or with involvement in any part of the Youth Programme.
New Horizon adheres to a Child Protection Policy and is registered with AccessNI to carry out relevant checks on volunteer staff.
Please note the SU P1- P4 programme is now closed for online booking. If places become available you may be able to book on the first Saturday of New Horizon.
- Creche (pre-schoolers)
- Scripture Union (P1-P7)
- Scripture Union SEN (P1-P7+)
- On the Edge :am (Y8-Y11)
- Livewire (Year 12+)
- Salt Factory Sports (P5-P7)
- On the Edge :pm (Y8- Y11)
The Crèche & SU Programmes are for use only by children whose parents are attending the Morning Bible Teaching and/or Seminars. It would be appreciated if parents using the crèche over five mornings would offer to help on one morning. Click here to volunteer
- Salt Factory Sports are providing a fun-filled programme for children in P5-P7 on Monday to Friday evenings this year from 19.15 to 21:15. Children must be booked in for both SU P5 – P7 and Salt Factory Sports by June 30 2023 to receive the Early Bird discounted rate of £60, after that the cost of the two programmes is £70.
- The On the Edge team will be running both the morning and evening programmes for Y8 – 11. Young people wishing to attend both must be registered in On the Edge :am AND On the Edge :pm by June 30 2023 to receive the Early Bird discounted rate of £60, after that the cost of the two programmes is £70.
Young people are permitted to attend Livewire & On the Edge without their parents attending New Horizon. Parents are required to give the name of a responsible adult attending New Horizon such as their Youth Leader or the parent of a friend.
Children must wear their badges or wristbands while at events. Parents must indicate at registration whether or not their children have permission to leave events unaccompanied.
Parents collecting children at the end of events should do so as promptly as possible.
Photographs and Child Protection
Sometimes photographs or video clips are taken during the children and youth activities to be used for publicity purposes. If you have any objection to photographs or video footage of your child being taken please tick the relevant box on the registration form. You can view our child protection policy here: New Horizon Child Protection Policy